We are actively seeking parents that would like to join the Site Council for the school year 2019-20.
If you would like to join our SSC, contact us at 257-5100.
The school site council (SSC) is a group of teachers, parents, classified employees, and students that works with the principal to develop, review and evaluate school improvement programs and school budgets. SSCs are mandated under California Education Code §52852 and require each school to:
- Measure the effectiveness of improvement strategies at the school
- Seek input from school advisory committees
- Reaffirm or revise school goals
- Revise improvement strategies and expenditures
- Recommend the approved single plan for student achievement (SPSA) to the governing board
- Monitor implementation of the SPSA
SSC is constituted to have equal numbers of school-related members (principal, classroom teachers, and other school personnel) and parents or other community members. Parents or community members on the SSC are selected by parents and pupils and may not be employed by the school district.
We invite parents, community members, staff and students to participate in the SSC.